How are you getting on with your New Year Resolutions? Flagging a bit? Resolutions are fun to make but can be difficult to maintain.
Good news, it’s the start of the Chinese New Year so you can make a new start. It is the Chinese Year of the Horse. The horse is an energetic sign. It is a symbol of traveling and speedy success.
So how about making healthy changes in your life for the Chinese New Year and speeding towards it? Here are some suggestions
- Eat a balanced, healthy diet. Cut out snacks
- Make exercise part of your routine. It doesn’t have to be at the gym – regular walks, cycling using a Wii Fit or other games machine.
- Reduce stress. Use time-management skills. Learn to be assertive and say ’no’ to additional tasks at home and work.
- Make regular contact with your friends.
- Volunteer. People who do voluntary work feel better about themselves and are happier
- Learn a new skill. Adult education classes are a great way to expand your education and meet new people. Plus you get that sense of accomplishment from gaining new knowledge.
- Improve your lifestyle by cutting back on alcohol and stopping smoking
- Establish a restful bedtime routine. Sleep is essential to physical, emotional and mental health. Creating a sleep haven in your bedroom and having a good bedtime routine will help you towards better sleep
- Have a laugh! Laughter releases good hormones into your blood stream. It really is the best medicine.
If you need help with any of these contact me so that we can gallop towards your goal!
ps I was born in a year of the Horse.