Upcoming Events 2023
- Menopause Cafe Royston, 10:30 - 12:00 26 January 2023
Venue: The Oak Room, The Old Bull Inn Hotel, Royston (Free Entry)
- Alleviate Anxiety: 17 March, Online Workshop
Time 15:00 - 16:15
- Spring Into Menopause: 17 March 2023 Online Summit
Time: 10:00 - 16:30
- Menopause Cafe Royston: 30 March 2023
Time 19:00 - 20:30 (Free Entry)
- Demystifying Menopause, Questival: 22 April 2023
Regent's University London
In the UK there are around 4.3 million women aged 50 and over in employment (ONS 2015) and this number is increasing year on year. About 75% of women in their late 40s and 50s will be adversely affected by menopause symptoms, both physical, emotional and psychological.
Pat Duckworth Women’s Health and Workplace Menopause Strategist
The implications for businesses and organisations who do not provide appropriate support for their female staff include; increased absenteeism, under-performance, higher sick absence, lower productivity and staff retention issues. There is also an increased risk of menopause related Employment Tribunal cases.
The solution is to understand more about the symptoms of menopause and how to support women colleagues through this natural transition.
Learn more about:
Why menopause is a workplace issue
How it can affect performance
Practical steps employers can take to support women colleagues
- An understanding of the business benefits of supporting women at menopause
- Improved staff performance and retention
- Reduced risk of menopause related tribunal cases
- Ability to offer advice and support to Line Managers and colleagues
- A strategic Action Plan for managing workplace menopause
This open event is for you if:
- You are an HR Professional, Line-Manager or have an interest in workplace menopause management
- You have female colleagues who are aged over 40 years
- You feel that there is more you could be doing to support female colleagues to deliver a positive result
- You want to create a diverse and inclusive workplace
About Pat Duckworth
Pat Duckworth worked at senior management level in the Public Sector for over 30 years. Ten years ago she transferred all of that knowledge into setting up her own business, specialising in helping senior women leaders.
She has written four books on the subject of menopause and has delivered training and workshops for clients in the public and private sectors.
Pat is an international public speaker and has spoken at conferences and workshops in India, America, Denmark, Iceland, and Spain. She has written articles for national newspapers and professional magazines.
Pat is a regular guest on BBC Radio Cambridgeshire and on health podcasts worldwide.
Pat Duckworth at BBC Radio Cambridgeshire