Happy menopause sounds like a contradiction.
Menopause is characterized with language and imagery that sets a specific tone and as women buy into this set-up, they are unconsciously creating their own experience. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It’s possible for women to release the heavy language, stories and experiences that anchor them in a negative vibration before and during this natural and beautiful life stage so their individual experiences can defy the “norm.”
My guest on the Hot Women Rock Radio Show this week, Dr. Valerie René Sheppard, is a catastrophic-stroke survivor, self-mastery expert, and CEO of The Heartly Center for Mindfulness and Self-Mastery™. She helps people transform their lives from the inside out using her proprietary 4-step process and the other spiritual principles and practices in her multi award-winning, #1 international best-seller, “Living Happy to Be ME!: Dancing Your Soul Lightstyle©.”
Dr Valerie shared her process which can help women create a positive relationship with the dynamics happening at any point in their lives and soar into menopause!
My career started in marketing and business strategy. I got my MBA in Marketing and Logistics and then worked at Procter & Gamble for about nine and a half years. It was all about marketing messaging, business strategy, talking to consumers, and creating value for them and for their shareholders.
In 2004, after an award-winning, fast-track, corporate ascent, I landed in a Vice President of Marketing role in a $16 billion dollar company, leading a large portfolio. I had dreamed of living in Southern California for years, and now I would be living an executive’s life there.
I felt an inner wariness about the role from the beginning, but I would not allow myself to hear that voice. There was a time when I really didn’t believe that my life should be my life. It was like I was on a path where I wondered whose life I was living because it didn’t feel like mine.
After some serious health issues and hospitalisation, I realised that I was paying a high price for my choices. I made a commitment to transform everything about me that was making my life so unfulfilling. It gave me an immediate uplifting—a warmth from inside that spread throughout my body.
I developed my 4 Step Living Happy To Be ME! process to help you rebirth yourself before you find yourself in a crisis wondering why your life feels more empty and unfulfilling even when you’re working hard to make it so much more.
I finished writing my book, “Living Happy to Be ME!: Dancing Your Soul Lightstyle©’, in 2015. Before the launch I had a catastrophic stroke. Very few people survive that type of stroke. Six and a half years later I am still on a journey of recovery and I don’t know when it will end.
My approach to dealing with the fall out and ramifications as a result of my stroke was informed by the inner spiritual work I had been doing. I talk less about ‘mindset’ and more about my spiritual anchoring. In medical situations, I think what’s missing in many circumstances is not what the doctors do, it’s what the patients do. Patients are really being called into a space of conscious co creation of their world.
One of the best things you can do if you are seeking medical help during menopause is to become your own vocal advocate for what you need. You have to be prepared to run the whole gamut.
Dr Valerie’s ‘Living Happy to Be Me 4 Step Process’ ©
Step 1 Wake up to the truth of you. You’re more than just human. You have superpowers that are innate. They were endowed with you when you came into the planet Earth. Knowing that, believing that, and activating them in your life is how you transcend the basic human experience, while you’re still living the human experience.
Step 2 Shake up and release what is not the true you. Release the stuff that doesn’t align with Step 1. Claim what you want to keep as you move forward in your life and as you simultaneously commit to releasing the aspects of the false-self that you now know you don’t need anymore.
Step 3 Make up a new story of you in your life. Replace what you have released with something that serves you better. Make up your own story about this journey called menopause. You don’t even have to call it that, that’s someone else’s clinical term. It comes laden with a whole bunch of stuff. You could just say ‘I’m not gonna deal with it that way’.
Step 4 Take up the reins and go live it. Dance your own Lightstyle ©. Turn the new habits you chose in Steps 2 and 3 into ongoing practices that will support you best.
More Tips from Dr Valerie:
- When you are educating yourself about menopause, learn in a space of curiosity. Don’t create a self-fulfilling prophecy.
- Take time to consciously come into the moment and process emotions so that you are not ‘asleep at the wheel’.
- Let yourself know that you are important in your life, regardless of all the noise that’s going on outside of you. Let your feelings and emotions speak and be heard.
- Be a conscious creator of your own world. Whatever you call a thing is the way you experience it. As Marcus Aurelius said: “If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.”
- Stop taking the monkey on your back and then being frustrated because it’s so heavy.
- Have a blank slate curiosity. Spend less time understanding what everybody else says is going to happen and be curious about what your experience is going to be.
- Get back into the lightness of being. If you are feeling frustrated, do something creative like painting or dancing or exercising. Activation of your inner desire for creative expression well ease and transcend, including whatever is going on in this ‘menopausal’ period of your life.
You can pick up a copy of Dr Valerie’s book “Living Happy to Be ME!: Dancing Your Soul Lightstyle©” at 25% discount versus Amazon price https://happytobeme.net
For more help to create a happy menopause contact me today.