Managing Menopause in the Workplace – Open Event for HR Managers
Venue: Central London
Date: 23 May 2019
Time: 09:30 – 12:00
Register here or request more details
In the UK there are around 4.3 million women aged 50 and over in employment (ONS 2015) and this number is increasing year on year . About 75% of women in their late 40s and 50s will be adversely affected by menopause symptoms, both physical and psychological.
The implications for businesses and organisations who do not provide appropriate support for their older female staff include; increased absenteeism, under-performance, higher sick absence, lower productivity and staff retention issues. There is also an increased risk of menopause related tribunal cases.
The solution is to understand more about the symptoms of menopause and how to support women colleagues through this natural transition.
- Understanding the symptoms of menopause and their impact on performance
- How to have a supportive conversation about menopause
- Reasonable adjustments in the workplace and employment law
- Sharing best practice
- An understanding of the business benefits of supporting women at menopause
- Improved staff performance
- Ability to offer advice and support to Line Managers and colleagues
- Basics for a Workplace Menopause Policy
This open event is for you if:
- You are an HR Professional or Line-Manager
- You have female colleagues who are aged over 45 years.
- You have been through the normal performance procedures but it is not resolving the issues
- You feel that there is more you can be doing to support female colleagues to deliver a positive result
- You want to create a diverse and inclusive workplace
“An excellent course – so much covered in such a short time. One of the best courses I’ve attended in a very long time”.
“I enjoyed the course very much and look forward to using the new tools I’ve been given.”
“Pat really knows her subject and teaches with passion and flair.”
“As someone who has experienced an easy menopause, I didn’t know a lot of the information in this material, so would have been poorly informed to help others who are suffering more.”
About Pat Duckworth
Pat Duckworth worked at senior management level in the Public Sector for over 30 years. Ten years ago she transferred all of that knowledge into setting up her own business, specialising in helping women at menopause.
She has written four books on the subject of menopause and has delivered training and workshops for clients in the public and private sectors.
Pat is an international public speaker and has spoken at conferences and workshops in India, America, Denmark, Iceland, and Spain. She has written articles for national newspapers and professional magazines. Pat is a regular guest on BBC Radio Cambridgeshire and on health podcasts worldwide.
Contact me for more details or to register.