Maximising Menopause Wellbeing in the Workplace – Open Event
Venue: PwC, St John’s Innovation Park, The Maurice Wilkes Building, Cowley Rd, Cambridge CB4 0DS
Date: 25 June 2020
Time: 08:30 – 10:00
This open event is hosted by Kameo Recruitment. Request details here
In the UK there are around 4.3 million women aged 50 and over in employment (ONS 2015) and this number is increasing year on year . About 75% of women in their late 40s and 50s will be adversely affected by menopause symptoms, both physical and psychological.
The implications for businesses and organisations who do not provide appropriate support for their female staff include; increased absenteeism, under-performance, higher sick absence, lower productivity and staff retention issues. There is also an increased risk of menopause related tribunal cases.
The solution is to understand more about the symptoms of menopause and how to support women colleagues through this natural transition.
Learn more about:
- Why menopause is a workplace issue
- How it can affect performance
- Practical steps employers can take to support women colleagues
- An understanding of the business benefits of supporting women at menopause
- Improved staff performance and retention
- Reduced risk of menopause related tribunal cases.
- Ability to offer advice and support to Line Managers and colleagues
- A strategic Action Plan for managing workplace menopause
This open event is for you if:
- You are an HR Professional, Line-Manager or have an interest in workplace menopause management
- You have female colleagues who are aged over 40 years.
- You feel that there is more you could be doing to support female colleagues to deliver a positive result
- You want to create a diverse and inclusive workplace
“An excellent course – so much covered in such a short time. One of the best courses I’ve attended in a very long time”.
“I enjoyed the course very much and look forward to using the new tools I’ve been given.”
“Pat really knows her subject and teaches with passion and flair.”
“As someone who has experienced an easy menopause, I didn’t know a lot of the information in this material, so would have been poorly informed to help others who are suffering more.”
About Pat Duckworth
Pat Duckworth worked at senior management level in the Public Sector for over 30 years. Ten years ago she transferred all of that knowledge into setting up her own business, specialising in helping senior women leaders.
She has written four books on the subject of menopause and has delivered training and workshops for clients in the public and private sectors.
Pat is an international public speaker and has spoken at conferences and workshops in India, America, Denmark, Iceland, and Spain. She has written articles for national newspapers and professional magazines.
Pat is a regular guest on BBC Radio Cambridgeshire and on health podcasts worldwide.